Click on the pieces of the puzzle for specific services:
AfiTaC can provide you with the following services :
- Tender Advice
- Negotiation Support
- Contract & Risk Management
- Coaching and Training
- Process Optimisation
The first step to any well-balanced contract is tendering. This can be in any form:
- international competitive bidding,
- participation to a procurement process / RfQ (Request for Quotation),
- direct negotiation etc.
AfiTaC supports you to analyse the bidding documents, identify and mitigate the risks, propose wording to be included in your proposal.
AfiTaC can actively participate in your negotiations. While external legal advisors often have an aggressive approach, forcefully defending their client’s interests, such approach can be a hurdle for your Customers to do business with you. You will probably also feel that this is commercially not-justified. AfiTaC, based on extensive negotiation experience, promotes a more result-oriented approach. Compromises will be found between your needs and your Customer’s interests. Customers value such a non-conflictual approach.
Contract & Risk Management
- You have an ongoing contract for which you would like to have an external audit.
- Your company want to start managing risks pro-actively.
- You want to improve your relationship with Customers moving away from conflict and finding balanced compromises.
- You have to propose change orders to your Customers.
In all these situations, AfiTaC can support by auditing your contracts, establishing action plans and mitigation measures, writing appropriate contractual letters etc.
Coaching and Training
- Your company regularly works, or intends to do so in the near future, with international contract standards (FIDIC, World Bank, NEC3 etc).
- Your teams are expanding, you have new-comers or want to consolidate the team’s knowledge on international business.
- You want to expose your teams to realistic case studies in preparation of their negotiations or give them a coach to interact with during their negotiations.
AfiTaC can help identify your needs and propose adapted coaching and training courses.
To establish a structured approach for
- preparing your proposals/tenders
- analysing risks and propose mitigation measures in tenders and contracts,
AfiTaC can engage with you to
- establish your current best practices,
- provide complementary practices where gaps exist based on well-established methods in the industry,
- transform this into (i) standard proposal documents and (ii) a well-organized Risk & Mitigation questionnaire enabling you to acknowledge and identify the risks and mitigate them pro-actively.
An example is TRaCRs a tool to analyse the commercial and contractual provisions in your tenders and contracts. By using it, you will better understand the risks involved in your tender/contract. Please click here or on the image below.