- The sales team, working in an international context
- Project managers
- Supply Chain / Procurement professionals
- Contract professionals
- The commercial and operational management
Issue at stake
- Acquire the fundamentals of international contract negotiation
- Obtain true contract negotiation skills thanks to this training
- This training does not require any prerequisites.
- Nevertheless, some commercial (national or international) or project management or procurement experience will facilitate learning.
The following objectives will be achieved when completing this training:
- Becoming familiar with the negotiation of international contracts.
- Understanding/establishing the process for negotiating contracts.
- Learning how to handle difficult negotiation situations.
- Acquiring the ability to adapt your negotiation style to the cultural context or to the personal behaviour of your counterpart.
- Knowing the behaviours and arguments for improved negotiation of contracts.
- Adopting the right reflexes at all stages of a contract negotiation.
The strong points
- Competence: The trainer is an experienced Commercial Director of major international groups (Alstom, General Electric, Besix), having personally negotiated dozens of major contracts (3 to 300 MEuro per contract).
- Flexibility: ability to adapt along the way according to the needs of the participants; providing answers to questions beyond the material presented.
- Relevance: link to the most internationally recognized standard negotiation practices.
- Applicability: practical advice for negotiation.
This program is typically 1 to 3 days and will be adjusted according to the identified needs:
- Analysis of the business environment of the trainees (e.g. by telephone meetings) to adapt the topics according to their needs.
- Implementation of reflective phases: (anonymous) self-diagnosis to allow participants to determine their level of competence before and after the training and identify areas for improvement.
- Characteristics/elements of a negotiation
- Types of negotiators
- Negotiation process
- Preparation before negotiation
- Harvard Principled Negotiation: PIOC (People-Interest-Options-Criteria)
- Latest developments in negotiation – recognized negotiation guru’s
- Negotiation maturity of an organization
- Managing information during negotiation
- Importance of trust during negotiations
- Setting-up a negotiation team
- Behaviour of top negotiators
- Package deals
- Getting out of difficult situations
- Negotiation across cultures
Options that may be included according to the identified needs (and if consistent with the duration of the course):
- Contract Risk Scoring – method for assessing contractual risks
- Contract Awareness
Actual negotiation cases relevant to the business environment of the participants.
Work situations: forum for exchange, on a web-based platform, on the subjects acquired during the training during the month following the training.
Contact us for more information
– by writing an e-mail to email@example.com
– by phoning us at +33 6 75 11 09 83