- Contract Managers
- Project managers / Project Directors
- Supply Chain / Procurement professionals
- Contract Professionals
- Commercial & Sales Professionals
- The commercial and operational management
Issue at stake
- Acquire the fundamentals of FIDIC / NEC contracts.
- Obtain a real knowledge of standard contracts thanks to this training course.
- This training does not require any specific prerequisites.
- Nevertheless, some project management experience (national or international) or procurement experience will facilitate learning.
The following objectives will be achieved when completing this training:
- Mastering FIDIC/NEC contracts
- Become familiar with contract management of FIDIC / NEC contracts.
- Understand the inherent risks of contractual clauses.
- Learn how to mitigate contractual risks.
- Structure the elements and actions (information, steps, actions, etc.) for a good contract management.
- Adopt the right contractual reflexes at all stages of the life of the contract.
The strong points
- Competence: AfiTaC’s trainers are experienced directors of major international groups (Alstom, General Electric, Besix), having managed dozens of major contracts (3 to 300 MEuro per contract).
- Flexibility: ability to adapt along the way according to the needs of the participants; providing answers to questions beyond the material presented.
- Applicability: practical advice for day-to-day contract management.
This program is typically 1 to 3 days and will be adjusted according to the identified needs:
- Analysis of the business environment of the trainees (e.g. by telephone meetings) to adapt the topics according to their needs.
- Implementation of reflective phases: (anonymous) self-diagnosis to allow participants to determine their level of competence before and after the training and identify areas for improvement.
Examples of topics and slides
- The identification of the main contractual principles and their treatment in FIDIC / NEC contracts;
- Understanding which type of FIDIC contract is appropriate in which circumstances;
- Comparing the contractual philosophies of FIDIC Rainbow suite and NEC ECC;
- Knowing how to apply the main Contract Management processes (claims, payment procedures, etc.) according to FIDIC and NEC.
Options that may be included according to the identified needs (and if consistent with the duration of the course):
- Contract Risk Scoring – method for assessing contractual risks
- Contract Negotiation – Negotiation according to the Principles of Harvard
Actual contract management cases relevant to the business environment of the participants.
Assessment of learning outcomes.
Work situations: forum for exchange, on a web-based platform, on the subjects acquired during the training during the month following the training.
We will ensure that appropriate conditions are available for participants with a handicap (premises, adaptation of the presentation materials etc.).
Contact us for more information
– by writing an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
– by phoning us at +33 6 75 11 09 83